DETENTION / JAIL VISITATION RULES
The Cedar County Law Enforcement Center which houses both the Cedar County Sheriff Office and the Jail which houses up to fifty six (56) inmates. Specific rules apply to those who are detained and to visitors, friends, and family.
1. Visitation hours are held on Sunday, 12:00PM until all visitations are finished.
2. Each visit is limited to fifteen (15) minutes.
3. Each inmate is allowed one visit per Sunday and may have up to two (2) people during the visit.
4. All visitors of legal age must have a government issued photo I.D, and children must be accompanied by an adult.
5. No visitor can visit if they have been incarcerated at this facility within the past six (6) months.
Items for Inmates
Inmates may be brought items during their visitation time.
- -- All items need to be marked with the inmates initials prior to being brought up for visitations.
- --Inmates and or family can order food and hygiene product from Keefe Company (SecurePak).
- -- Inmates may be brought reading material (Bibles, magazines or newspaper’s).
- -- Common over the counter medication (store bought and sealed) may be brought for inmates and will be distributed during meal times.
- -- Inmates may have three (3) pairs of white socks, undershirts, and underpants.
- -- Inmates may have non-polaroid pictures (no obscenities).
- -- Inmates may have legal pads or loose leaf paper (no wire spirals).
- -- Inmates may have regular, Number 2 pencils, no ink pens.
- -- Inmates may have stamps and envelopes.
- --Any money left for inmates to be placed on their account is subject to fee’s being forfeited towards their housing bill.
Cedar County Jail is a TOBACCO FREE facility. Absolutely NO chewing tobacco, cigarettes, rolling papers, loose leaf tobacco of any kind is allowed.
Delivery or concealment on premises of narcotics and liquor or prohibited articles, will be a violation and visitations will be denied as well as any personal items.
221.111 No person shall knowingly deliver, attempt to deliver, have in such person’s possession, deposit or conceal in or about the premises of any county or private jail’ or other county correctional facility:
(1) Any controlled substances as that term is defined by law, except upon the written
Prescription of a licensed physician, dentist, or veterinaries;
(2) Any other alkaloid of any kind or any spirituous or malt liquor;
(3) Any article or item of personal property which a prisoner is prohibited by; law or rule
made pursuant to section 221.060 from receiving or possessing, except as herein
(4) Any gun, knife, weapon, or other article or item of personal property that may be
used in such manner as to endanger the safety of security of the institution or as to
endanger the, life or limb of any prisoner or employee thereof.
The chief operating officer of a county jail or other county correctional facility or the administrator of a private jail, may deny visitation privileges to or refer to the county prosecuting attorney for prosecution of any person who knowingly delivers, attempts to deliver, has in such person’s possession, deposits or conceals n or about the premises of such jail or facility any personal item of personal items allowed in the jail or facility, shall be prominently posted f\or viewing both inside or outside such jail or facility in an area accessible to any visitor and shall be made available to any person requesting such rule or regulation. Violation of this subsection shall be an infraction if not covered by other statutes
FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN A CHARGE AND YOU WILL BE PROSECUTED.
LISTING OF ACCEPTABLE ITEMS ALLOWED TO BE BROUGHT IN DURING VISITATION
***NO CLOTHING ITEMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE FIRST 7-DAYS OF INCARCERATION AND /OR NONE AT ALLIF THE
DETAINEE HAS PREVIOUSLY/RECENTLY BEEN IN THIS FACILITY***
WHITE T-SHIRTS (3) (NO MUSCLE SHIRTS, WHIFE BEATERS, ETC.)
WHITE THERMALS TOP & BOTTOM (2-SETS)
MENS WHITE UNDERWEAR (3)
WOMENS WHITE UNDERWEAR (3)
WHITE SPORTS BRAS (3)
WHITE SOCKS (3-PAIR)
NOTE: ALL CLOTHING ITEMS MUST BE PRE-MARKED BY FRIENDS OR FAMILY.
HAIRBRUSH (FEMALE ONLY)
ENVELOPES (100 MAXIMUM, EACH INDIVIDUAL ENVELOPE WILL BE CHECKED FOR
STAMPS (100 MAXIMUN)
WRITING PAPER (100 SHEETS MAXIMUM, NO WIRE SPIRALS OR STAPLES)
BIBLE (SOFT COVER ONLY, WILL BE CHECKED FOR CONTRABAND)
EYE GLASSES (PLASTIC FRAME PRESCRIPTION OR READING)
CONTACTS, SOLUTION, CASE (NEW, SEALED SOLUTION)
PLAYING CARDS (NEW, SEALED IN BOX)
DENTURES, CASE, ADHESIVE, CLEANER
LAST UPDATE: 2-9-2016